Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Bookish Worlds I’d Want to & Never Want to Live In.
The top 5 Bookish Worlds I’d Want to Live In:
- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling – duh!
- The Gaslight Mystery Series by Victoria Thompson – can this be a time travel type deal? If so, then I want to visit New York City during the turn of the century!
- The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer – there is a colony on the moon!
- The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth – I’m torn between Abnegation (the selfless) and Erudite (The Intelligent) for myself. It would be interesting to see which faction I would end up in.
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass – I would be way too obsessed with The Selection (the opportunity to marry a prince or princess).
The top 5 Bookish Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In:
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins – could you imagine the anxiety of knowing that there is an annual Reaping where you or your children could be selected as a tribute. If I was ever selected, I don’t think I would last very long…
- The Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin – living in Winter for however many years has no appeal to me.
- The Young Elites Series by Marie Lu – most of society ends up dying from blood fever, no thanks.
- The Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong – I’m not a fan of werewolves.
- The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer – humans, vampires and werewolves…no thanks!
What are some of your favourite book worlds? Do you have any book worlds that you wouldn’t want to live in?