Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books I Decided to DNF (did not finish).
I normally finish a book even though I tend not to enjoy it. These are the rare books that I didn’t finish:
- Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town by Stephen Leacock – this was recommended by a co-worker. I did not enjoy it.
- The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort – this is a world that I have no desire being a part of. This is one of the rare cases where I liked the movie better than the book.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan – people love it, I couldn’t get into it.
- A Burnable Book by Bruce Holsinger – too many characters and not enough happening.
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson – I didn’t get it. Lots of repeating, which made it really confusing.
- The Neon Rain by James Lee Burke – I love Alafair Burke’s novels, but her father’s novels just felt too old man for me.
- Private India by James Patterson – this was around the book that I stopped reading Patterson’s series.
- The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes – didn’t hook me at all. After 100 pages of not caring I threw in the towel and read the ending.
- Cruel & Unusual by Patricia Cornwell – wasn’t a fan of the series up to this book. I think I also had a bad ebook version that didn’t have any chapter breaks.
- Six Women of Salem: The Untold Story of the Accused and Their Accusers in the Salem Witch Trials by Marilynne K. Roach – felt like a textbook, way too much information that I couldn’t absorb.
What are some books that you didn’t finish reading? Have you finished any of my DNFs?